When choosing frontals and closures for sew-ins or wigs, you will wonder about which type of closure is better? How to apply both of them? Follow me to find the answer in this MCSARA article.
What Is A Lace Closure?
A closure is usually a 4×4″ piece, which around the temple to temple size and put in the middle, its 4 inches long and 4 inches wide, like a perfect square. 4 inches long and 4 inches wide for the most part. It may vary, if some people want 4.5×5.5”, MCSARA also offers the typical standard.
What Is A Lace Frontal?
The entire front is covered because a frontal goes from ear to ear. 13×4 Lace Frontal is the standard size. That is the basic difference between a closure and a frontal.
How to install a frontal and closure hair piece?
A frontal or a lace closure is meant to be glued down but it can also be installed using other methods. All frontal and closure can be sewn onto an anchor braid in your natural hair, glued at the hairline, with an elastic band, or it can be secured across the hairline using a specialty lace wig tape. Some people even wear their frontals with no glue or product for hold. Installing a lace frontal with hair extensions can tremendously cut down on the amount of time it takes to install a full head of extensions. The usual time it takes to install a full head of extensions with lace closure is approximately one hour.
How To Care?
You should do
- Using a wide-tooth comb softly to brush gently your hair closure from the ends as you work your way up to the root. Hold the hair at the root while combing to avoid shade.
- Wash your virgin hair closure with a mid-shampoo. Use shampoos that do not contain sulfates, for sulfates are too harsh for weave closure. Using a good conditioner is a good way to keep your extensions smooth and tangle-free.
- Applying a moisturizing conditioner after every shampoo and a deep conditioner is necessary.
You can’t do
- No tugging, scratching or rough handling. These are the primary causes of balding which will do more harm than good.
- Do not use heavy hair products directly. Avoid using too many gels, lotions, oils or mousse since this can cause tangles and damage.
- Do not rub, your hair dry and allow it to air dry whenever possible.
- Don’t style hair closure or frontal too many times. To design your hairstyle that does not require heat, because heat may damage your lace frontal, closure.